12/03/2008

Hard day on the bike and coffee with a new friend

Today I woke up and saw that it had rained during the night, and the sky didn´t saw so much better for the day either. But it was not raining for the moment anyway... Didn´t had time for one of my long breakfasts. Had to be on the bike at 10 am the latest...
Today it was four hours on the schedule. Decided to take the lap around the lake. I had headwind to Zurich, normally it only takes 1 hour but today it took 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turned around the lake and on the other side I had a really nice tailwind all the way down to Schänais, where I turned around again and came back on hour side of the like. When I was there it started to rain a lot and the wind was even stronger. Normally it takes less then a hour from there, but today it took me 1 hour and 15 minutes. I went on my lightest gear and had a heartrate on 150 and could still only make 87rpm. And the rain was like spikes in my eyes!! Not fun at all, but I made it all the way home :)
Afterwards I had to hurry up a little bit. 3 pm I had to take the train to Zurich. Had decided a meeting with a friend for a coffee. It´s a girl I "met" on a website for swedish people in different countries. It´s a really good website if you move to an other country and want to meet other swedish people there. (http://www.sviv.se/)
Anyway, she was really nice and we were talking for 3½ hours! I don´t know if it´s me or if everyone likes to talk that much :) Had a great time anyway!
It´s feels like I´m getting a life here now. Before it felt like I only lived here for the moment, temporary, but now when I´m starting to meet new friends I start to like living here.
By the way, I met a girl working on my flight from Milano. She came to me and asked in swedish, "Sorry but can I ask if you are swedish?" I were so suprised that someone spoke swedish to me and asked if she was too. But she wasn´t(!) She told me that she was an exchange student for one year in Sweden and that she learned swedish then. She was talking really good swedish so we talked a little bit during the flight. She also lives by the like but closer to Zurich and we decided to take a coffee sometime.
Tomorrow it´s time for an other coffee with Sandra and some shopping in Rapperswil. We will watch Cornel´s team presentation. (It´s her boyfriend)
But now it´s time for bed!
Ciao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skönt att höra att du börjar känna dig lite hemmastadd. Nu är det bara att få in tyskan hel också så kommer du kanske inte ens vilja komma tillbaka till Sverige igen! ;)

Catrine Josefsson said...

Mm, det känns faktiskt mkt bättre än förut. Men någon tyska vet jag inte, schweizer tyskan är bara såååå fuuul! Först får jag lära mig spanskan ordentligt och sedan får vi se hur det blir med den saken ;) Kram kram