20/03/2008

Het Volk UCI cat. 1.2

Another wet race!
It was 25 teams and 174 girls to start to this oneday classic. On wet, slippery and tight roads we had 126km´s infront of us. From last year I knew that it´s very important to stay infront because after every corner the group stretch out and get soo long and you have to go with so much more power then the girls infront to stay in the group. Even if I know this, it´s so much easier to say then actually do it! I mean, 173 other girls think the same and it´s all about a fight about the position. For me this is very hard, cause I´m probably to nice, and it´s not always good to be nice ;) We did one big lap at a little more then 90km´s and two small á 17km´s. When we passed finish the first time I were way to much in the back and with 4-5 fast corners in less then 500m´s it got a lot of gaps in the group and I didn´t noticed until it was too late. Tried to chase back together with a girl from Fassa Bortolo in "no-mans-land". But it was not possible to catch the first group, instead the secound group catcht us. Last lap was just about transport to the finish. Came in as 97th girl, not a result to chear about but I were just happy to get to the finish with a whole bike and no scrubs. It was a lot of girls that didn´t finish cause of all the punctures and crasches.
Hopefully it´s a better race in monday!
Ciao

No comments: