07/04/2008

WC Vlaanderen and Dottignies 1.2


Yesterday it was time for my secound worldcup this year, Ronde van Vlaanderen. It´s a really hard one with a lot of pavé. 188 girls to start and that made it even harder on the small streets. Went quit okey until we came to a steep hill with pavé and girls started to run(!) It was almost impossible to pass but when I finally did there were a too big gap to the girls infront and I ended up in a smaller group behind. We were out of the timelimit but we did the whole course to the finishline. So now I know the course for next year anyway... ;)
Only Iosune from the team finished, as 95th.

Today it was a 1.2 race in Dottignies. With a lot of sidewind there were also a lot of krasches. Were always behind them, luckelly I were not in them, but I had to chase back everytime and I went like a jojo the whole race. After a while I ended up in a smaller group behind again. When it was 12km´s left they took us out of the race. Only 73 finished out of 169. Three girls from us finished. Arantzazu finished best as 23rd.

Tomorrow we´ll go to Holland and Dwingeloo for three races there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vilken grym bild!! Tror jag måste låna den till mitt idolgalleri :) Kramar och lycka till på racen i Holland!

David said...

Thanks for possting this