17/06/2008

Short report from Sweden

I´m now in Sweden, at my parents. First time since christmas...
Came from Spain sunday night. Did "La Bira" with the team last week. It´s my teams homerace, goes in Bizkaia. A really good race I have to say! Four days with five stages. One time trial.
First two days went good. Were 34th in the general after these days, but then I lost some spots the third day with two stages. The time trial went quit bad, had no good legs after a really hard day before. The race in the afternoon I did a mistake before the first hill. Our radios didn´t work so I didn´t knew that it was coming, and one of my team mates was talking to me from the back of the group so I went down to her. We turned left and then the hill started, and then I were at last position. Had to put a lot of energi trying to get to the front, but I missed the first group as last girl. Were in no-mans-land between the two groups for some km´s before the secound group catched me. Fell down to 45th place in the general.
Last day was no good day either. Had good legs, but after the first mountain I krasched in the downhill. We were turning sharp right but I had a girl on my right side that didn´t turned, she continued straight a head, and so were I. Since I couldn´t turn when she was going straight...
Luckelly I made it quit well. (Hit my knee and got some skratches). But I lost the first group I were in :( Ended 44th in the general.

Now I have three days here in Tullinge before I go to Sollerön for two races. One road race and one criterium. Will just try to relax and recover from the races (and my krasch)...
I follow Tour de Suisse on the internet, and cross my fingers for Thomas! :)

No comments: