17/04/2008

Drenthe


Saturdays race turned out bad for me. Allready after 10km´s my gears broke. It was not possible to shift gear cause the wire to the handle bar was broken, it was totally off(!) Unluckelly there was also a crasch in the back just before, so the cars couldn´t pass and when they finally did we had car number 19th. So there I stood waiting for a new bike... When the team car finally reached me it was to late trying to catch the group, so it´s was only to jump in the car and follow the race from there.


Sunday was much better for me. My legs felt good, since I didn´t got so far the day before ;) and I were able to stay in the group, not from the beginning though... I were a slow starter and had to chase a little bit but finally back in the group I had no problem. Iosune crasched in the last part of the race and I were even able to go down and help her back.

With one kilometer to go there was another crasch infront of me, had to stop and start over and the girls infront were gone. Couldn´t help Iosune in the sprint who finished 34th, and me rolling in as 45th.


After the race we took the train to Amsterdam were we spent the night before going home monday morning.

Were a little bit tired in the beginning of the week but today I felt much better on the training.

This weekend there are no races but next weekend the team is going to Luxemburg for two races. Until then I have to figur out how to spend my days cause now I´m alone again...


Ciao

No comments: